English as a Second Language Scholarship
This scholarship fund was established by the faculty, staff and administration of SCC. It is intended to recognize and reward ESL students who show leadership, positive attitude, dependability, and demonstrate a likelihood of success.
Preference will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- Are enrolled in or have completed at least 6 credit hours of ESL
- Demonstrate academic promise
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are involved in activities outside of the ESL classroom promoting the use of English, such as campus clubs, community organizations and employment
- Provide references from ESL faculty
This scholarship award is for the spring semester.
This award can be used for tuition and to purchase textbooks. The award will go towards your tuition costs first, with any remaining amount available for you to use for books. To do this, you will need to work with the Financial Aid Office.