LawnStarter Lawntrepreneur Scholarship
After having success expanding the business into San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, Tampa, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Tallahassee, Nashville, Richmond, the founders wanted to give back to the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The Lawntrepreneur Scholarship is our way of funding tomorrow’s top entrepreneurs. Maybe you sowed the seeds of your entrepreneurial spirit by starting a lawn care company in high school. Maybe you’re planning on building the next big landscaping company. Either way, if you’ve got the entrepreneurial bug in you, then we want to help fund your dream. We’re fixing the large and disorganized lawn care industry, and we’re willing to grant $1000 to any student we believe has the potential to change the world through entrepreneurship. If you are interested in starting your own business, we’d love to hear from you.
We offer the scholarship to a student each semester. The entry for the Fall semester is May 1st to August 20th and it’s open for the Spring semester from August 31st to December 31st.. We will announce the recipient on August 31 and January 2nd of the subsequent year.
Who are we looking for? (You only need one)
- You currently own a lawn care business, ran a lawn care business in the past, or plan on starting a business upon graduating college.
- You’re passionate and ambitious
- You have the willpower, work ethic, and desire to build the next great business.
- You are a high school senior (who is going to pursue college degree) or full-time college student enrolled in a two year, four year, or graduate program. This scholarship is open to all majors.
If that sounds like you, you should apply.
What do we need from you?
To sift through applicants and choose the winner, we’ll need you to send in a few items. Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your transcript
- A copy of your updated resume
- A 500-700 word essay that you wrote on the following topic: “What makes you passionate about building a business?”